Friday, July 23, 2010

Extreme Physical Challenge: DAY NINE aka Questions Rise and Horses Fall

Here is today's inspiration: And, day 9's results: Time spent: 61 seconds
Comments: Now that I'm using my eyes before drawing (i.e. looking at a picture of a horse), life is boring. I mean, where's the physical challenge?! The great news is I rediscovered it; I started using my eyes AND MY EARS while drawing. This morning I put my MP3 player on shuffle and drew a horse while listening to the first song that came up. It just so happened that Love Boat Captain by Pearl Jam was the lucky winner. Odds are you are either unfamiliar with/hate this song. All you need to know is its sentimental and one of the lyrics includes the word "insurmountable." I got to thinking, what would a horse be like if he were sentimental and difficult to mount? That drawing is what I came up with. Please appreciate the pain in Sir Insurmountable's eyes. He's thinking about oats, lost oats, and oat-based betrayals. But who isn't these days? Especially in this economy. Speaking of the economy, do economy sized vehicles shrink and grow based on the state of the economy? If not, I feel we should rename them. It's misleading. Speaking of the word "misleading," if I were a feminist I would say Mister-leading. That would be my only feminist action. I'd be on the "change that one word" platform of feminism.

No comments:

Post a Comment