Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Speak Easy

I wish I could speak in italics. Mastering italics would arm me with a more succinct way of speaking. Currently, no one knows whether I am speaking a book title or speaking words that happen to appear in the title of a literary work. One time I said, “In The Black Stallion…” and I was interrupted by my friend who said, “which black stallion is THE black stallion and when were you, in a Jonah-ish fashion, in a black stallion? I thought we were BFFs and that, my BFF, is most certainly exchangeable, BFF quality information.” So, because I could not speak in italics I was forced to say, “ In 1941, author Walter Farley, published a novel which he entitled The Black Stallion. It is this aforementioned work to which I will, in the next several sentences, be referring."

Its an American tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment