Friday, June 18, 2010

Lawn of the Land

People who adorn their homes with cute trinkets and figurines have a major problem; they need you to see their adorable collectibles but they can’t trick you into entering their home. Enter lawn decorations.

Lawn decoration owners (LDOs) are people who resort to putting their adorable, funny, and generally delightful possessions on the lawn so random passersby are forced to bear witness to their personality and interests.

Below are some common lawn decorations and my assessment of what specific intentions are behind putting them on display.

1. THE FROZEN DOG


“Hey, I want you to think I own a miniature German Sheppard that enjoys providing quality light sources even during our brightest hours.”

2. BUTTS ON DISPLAY

“I need you to think I fell into some shrubs parallel to my duck sidekick. I am as skilled at maneuvering my yard as a duck.”

3. FLOWER TOILET

"I Shit flowers!! And, I upper deck flowers too! I’m an adorable prankster!!"

4. SHOE FLOWER POT

"A hobo died in my yard and I'm too lazy to dispose of his shoes. A bird and some flowers worked out a co-leasing agreement of said shoe."

4 comments:

  1. don't even get me started on gnomes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I document many many lawn ornaments and I have to say I have never seen the hobo shoe. The hobo shoe is a great find!.

    Love the term LDOs, we call them yard artists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where I come from, we call that there stuff Yart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks, lifeshighway. i will now use the term "yard artists."

    ReplyDelete