Sunday, January 24, 2010

Blog Posts are No Contest

The following is a completely true story:

I was driving the other day and a sign caught my eye. It looked like this:

"Safety is no contest."
Eileen Wilson (grade 6)
Safety Contest Slogan Winner 2008

Before I go into the girl genius that is Eileen Wilson, I must say that the judges of this safety contest didn't think through the fact that you have to know the slogan was generated from a contest to understand why anyone would be linking safety to a contest.
On to Eileen Wilson. That broad has it all figured out. When trying to think of a slogan, just say something isn't the thing that it’s clearly not!! It’s that easy. Here's an ad I just came up with for toaster strudel.

Toaster Strudel: It’s not Monkey Bars!
Rachel Lada (grade 20)

2 comments: